The School District of Philadelphia Virtual Academy (PVA) has a simple online application for both it’s Grade Level programs (K-5 and 6-12). We enroll students in the first semester beginning in September through the end of November. We do not enroll any new students in the month of December. We enroll students in the second semester beginning in Mid-January through the end of March. PVA Enrollment Staff schedule students into grade level cohorts for mandatory online student orientations, which rotate every other week. See below:
- Week 1 grades 9-12
- Week 2 grades K-5 and 6-8
In order to have your student be scheduled for an orientation, please complete the proper Enrollment Application below (once your Application is received you should receive a follow up communication from our Enrollment Secretary within 24 hours):
Once the PVA Enrollment Office has all the necessary paperwork for your student, you will receive an email with your student’s orientation schedule, from our Orientation Coordinator. Please take a look below to see some things that might delay in your student being scheduled for an Orientation.
1. If your student receives Special Education Services, our Special Education Compliance Monitor will need to review their documentation and make sure that we are able to meet your student’s needs as required by their IEP. This may require a meeting with you and/or the IEP Team from your student’s current school. If your student is not currently enrolled in an SDP school please send us their updated IEP via fax 215 400-3111. *No student with an IEP will be enrolled without a review of their updated Special Education documentation.
2. If your student is not currently enrolled in an SDP school (Out of district, Private, Parochial, Charter and/or Cyber Charter), we may need to update and/or create a student profile in SDP’s Infinite Campus system. In order to do that we will need all the proper documentation listed below before we can schedule them for an Orientation. This information can be faxed 215 400-3111, emailed to our Enrollment Secretary Jacob Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to: PVA Enrollment Office, 440 N. Broad St. Ste G-3, Philadelphia, PA 19130.
- 2 Forms of Residency (parent ID and one current bill with same address)
- Transcript (Report Card if student is in Middle School)
- *IEP (only if your child receives Speciation Education Services)
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of Student’s up to date Immunization record
- Completed student record’s release form (see attached)
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your student’s enrollment, orientation and or the documents we are requesting, please contact our Enrollment Office at 215 400-3110 press 1). Our Enrollment Office Coordinator Ms. Kiser will follow up with you.